Here's what we found for you
- Holiday Gifts for Families in Need 2022Families looking for help with 2021 holiday gifts can turn to several groups in the Stark County area.
- Introducing the Stark County Mindfulness WalkStarkMHAR & Stark Parks partnered to create a 1-mile Mindfulness Walk with activities to promote mental health & self-care while enjoying nature.
- Pride events in OhioSupport the LGBTQ+ community by attending or volunteering at Pride events. Use this list to plan a visit or involvement with an LGBTQ+ organization.
- October Is Disability Employment Awareness Month
When Adam graduated from high school in 2019 he knew he wanted to get a job. “I want to take food orders like my sister,” he said.
During school Adam worked hard at developing his reading skills and money counting skills, but even with adapted curriculum he still struggled to get some words right and correctly make change. He also enrolled in a Job Training program his Junior and Senior years to develop other skills.
- Where to Find Food and Meals for Thanksgiving
For some families struggling with poverty and hunger, Thanksgiving can be a difficult holiday. If you are dealing with food insecurity, need help with the expense of purchasing the needed ingredients for a special meal or are struggling with high medical bills, low wages, housing needs or other issues, we have gathered some valuable resources below.
Stark Help Central.com wants to help ensure everyone can enjoy the holiday, especially children.Food pantries/resources
Ongoing assistance can be found via food pantries,
- Mental Health Resources During the Coronavirus Pandemic
This year, we’ve faced a pandemic unlike anything in our lifetimes. As we get closer to a vaccine for coronavirus, many people in Stark County are still feeling the stressful effects. Fortunately, the stress response is normal during a crisis.
Are you looking for ways to manage feelings of stress and anxiety? Here are some common questions we have received related to mental health, coping with COVID-19 in the community,