Here's what we found for you
- Improve Family Dialogs with StarkMHAR Conversation Cards
Once your family is seated around the dinner table, the typical conversation starter is: “So, how was your day?”
And the typical answer? “Fine.”
Getting your child to say anything more can be a lot of work.
But what if you stopped thinking of the child’s attitude as the problem, and started with the question? What if there were some truly interesting questions you could ask your family? And what if they were excited to think about them and answer?
- 3 Reasons Why Nature is Good for Your Mental Health
During the pandemic, everyone seemed to realize the importance of getting outside and enjoying the fresh air. Think about how much lighter you feel after taking your dog for a walk. Or how energized your mind is after a hike in the woods. Or even consider the boost you get from a warm, sunshine-filled day. It should be no secret how nature helps our mental health.
Let’s explore just a few of the ways nature and mental health are connected.
- Holiday Gifts for Families in Need 2022Families looking for help with 2021 holiday gifts can turn to several groups in the Stark County area.
- Introducing the Stark County Mindfulness WalkStarkMHAR & Stark Parks partnered to create a 1-mile Mindfulness Walk with activities to promote mental health & self-care while enjoying nature.
- Pride Events in OhioSupport the LGBTQ+ community by attending or volunteering at Pride events. Use this list to plan a visit or involvement with an LGBTQ+ organization.
- Where to Find Food and Meals for Thanksgiving
For some families struggling with poverty and hunger, Thanksgiving can be a difficult holiday. If you are dealing with food insecurity, need help with the expense of purchasing the needed ingredients for a special meal or are struggling with high medical bills, low wages, housing needs or other issues, we have gathered some valuable resources below.
Stark Help Central.com wants to help ensure everyone can enjoy the holiday, especially children.Food pantries/resources
Ongoing assistance can be found via food pantries,
- Mental Health Resources During the Coronavirus Pandemic
This year, we’ve faced a pandemic unlike anything in our lifetimes. As we get closer to a vaccine for coronavirus, many people in Stark County are still feeling the stressful effects. Fortunately, the stress response is normal during a crisis.
Are you looking for ways to manage feelings of stress and anxiety? Here are some common questions we have received related to mental health, coping with COVID-19 in the community,
We improve Alliance area women’s lives, stand up for justice, and strengthen communities with a focus on three impact areas: equipping youth, economic stability and advancement and senior nutrition and health
Provides transitional housing for women, a clothing boutique, employment and transportation assistance, youth programs, and Meals on Wheels for the senior community
Alliance, OH 44601